Terms and Conditions
See also Booking and Payment Terms.
- Customers should note that confirmation of a reservation constitutes a contract between Lyall Cliff Self-Catering (“the management”) and themselves. Deposits paid are non-refundable, except in the case of below. Reservations cannot be accepted from persons under 21 years of age. (see also Booking and Payment Terms)
- The let will commence at 4.30p.m. on arrival day and terminate at 9.30a.m. on departure morning, when the property will be checked and all keys must be returned. Letting times can be varied only by written agreement with management.
- A Security Deposit is usually required with reservations. This will normally be returned within 7 days of the end of the tenancy unless:
a/ some contents of the property are found to be missing;
b/ damage has been caused to the property or its contents;
c/ the accommodation is left dirty, untidy, or in an unfit state on departure day;
d/ there has been disruptive, abusive, or unacceptable behaviour in or outside the premises;
e/ smoking has occurred inside the property;
– in which instance(s) the management will retain all or part of the Security Deposit as appropriate at their sole discretion.
- Customers are responsible for looking after the property during their stay, and making it secure when they are absent. The accommodation must be left clean and tidy (as found) on departure morning.
- The names of all those staying will be required no later than on arrival day. In the case of groups, a ‘group leader’ must be identified whose full contact details (including where appropriate mobile phone number) should be given at the time of reservation.
- Should the accommodation be unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances at the time of the let and no satisfactory alternative accommodation can be found in the area, a full refund of all monies paid will be made. Lyall Cliff Self-Catering will in this instance not be liable to any claims for compensation.
- In the event of cancellation by the customer, the Security Deposit (if appropriate) will be returned, and should the accommodation be successfully re-let, 70% of the balance paid (not the deposit) will also be refunded. Should the property not be re-let, customers are liable for the whole rent for the period reserved. Cancellations should be notified as early as possible by telephone or email, and confirmed in writing. Holiday/cancellation insurance is highly recommended.
- Customers may not behave in such a way as to cause damage to the property or its contents, unreasonable noise, disturbance, abuse, or annoyance to other guests, management, or neighbours either inside or outside the property. Failure to observe this regulation may bring an immediate order to vacate the property without any right to compensation, and where appropriate the loss of the Security Deposit. Customers are liable for the total cost of making good any damage or loss caused during their stay.
- Management reserves the right to refuse access to any person or group who they consider unfit to take charge or responsibility on arrival for whatever reason. In this unlikely event the Security Deposit (where appropriate) and 80% of the balance paid (not the deposit) will be refunded and the contract discharged, at the management’s sole discretion.
- Management retain at all times the right of entry to all properties for purposes such as repairs, emergencies, security, or safety checks. Normally prior notice will be given of such intentions(eg fire-alarm tests), and every effort will be made not to impinge upon customer’s privacy.
- Any complaints, problems, damage, or requests should be notified without delay in order that it/they can receive prompt remedial attention. Every effort will be made to rectify any defect(s) as quickly as practicable. Contact should be made with management at Lyall Cliff House, where messages can also be left. Any claims for compensation relating to a complaint will not be entertained unless the issue was raised with management during the period of the let, and the opportunity was given for appropriate investigation and where necessary corrective action to be taken.
- The management supplies towels and bed linen, and also starters supplies of soaps, toilet rolls, kitchen towel, and 2 refuse bags. The starters supplies will not be re-supplied during the let. For stays longer than one week, fresh towels will be supplied, and fresh bed linen on request.
- The management cannot accept responsibility for personal belongings kept on the premises nor private vehicles parked in Lyall Cliff grounds.
- Customers’ cars may be parked in the grounds only as directed by management.
- The management cannot be held responsible for personal injury or death on the premises unless it arises from their proven negligence.
- The property may not be sub-let.
- The number of occupants must not exceed the agreed number on the booking form, nor the maximum number of beds.
- NO SMOKING is permitted in the premises; however, smokers may smoke outside.
- No children under the age of 4, nor pets, can be accepted at Lyall Cliff.
- All energy costs are included except gas for Lyall Cliff Cottage, which is charged extra by meter. The meter will be read at the beginning and end of the stay, and the amount due must be paid on departure morning. No industrial electric chargers may be used in accommodation without prior agreement, in which case an extra weekly charge of £15 will be levied, payable at the beginning of the letting period.
- The property is let as holiday accommodation under the relevant section(s) of the Housing(Scotland) Act. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.
- The management does not accept responsibility for errors or misunderstandings relating to the Lyall Cliff website, advertising, or literature, and reserve the right to change the content from time to time as appropriate. However every effort will be made to ensure that customers understand correctly the information given.